Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

Paint Party Friday

Slipping in at the last minute again here :0) You can always count on me being late. 
Haven't done much painting again this week...started off great and then came down with a nasty bug and didn't get it finished. So here is my WIP on the second intuitive painting. 
When i showed the start last week I thought I was seeing a persons face....and then when I went to start painting on Monday this Eagle was literally screaming at me so I made him visible. 

Not sure exactly I'm going with the rest of it...guess I'll figure that out when my head clears up. 
I did add one more little touch to last weeks painting and now she really is done.
I went into the woods foraging for nature "stuff" to use and came across these seed pods. When we were kids we called them "Silver Dollar" plants and collected them like they were real cash. I used one of them to make her wings... I sprayed it with yellow ink  and then cut it in half and gave her  semi-transparent wings. I love her now. 
Linking to :
Paint Party Friday


16 comments:

  1. so glad you did slip in and that you are getting better... very early in the season to be picking up bugs so take care of yourself so it doesn't come back and get in the way of your wonderful work...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well lucky for you I always start at the end and work my way to the beginning!! Just so everyone stays encouraged to come in under the wire!! I love your eagle!! Amazing work!! Plus those cool silver dollar wings...we used to call them that when we were kids too!! Glad you made it!! I would miss you!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a prolific week of painting, Carol!
    Love the expressiveness of your painting with the eagle!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, your eagle is beautiful. Not sure but it could be a finished piece, in my opinion. It is amazing that you found the eagle lurking in your painting and brought it out so beautifully.
    Your lady with the silver dollar wings is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eagle is fantastic! Don't you just love it when a painting talks to you! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol ~ wonderful WIP ~ love the lady with the bird and your final painting is exquisite! Love her ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol your paintings are true nature inspired, just luv that about a piece of art work that incorporates it and yours does.
    Adore the silver winged gal, very original and unique ~^..^~ all very beautiful.

    xx Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that eagle screamed at you! So majestic.
    Love the dollar leaves and use in your painting is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon! that eagle really is screaming, amazing job! your angel and her wings are adorable. lovely Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carol, that eagle looks awesome. and you finished that lady-painting beautifully. Hope you're feeling better! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this too, that eagle just makes the piece. WOW. Happy belated PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her silver dollar wings are great, the perfect finishing touch. Hope you shake off the bug and get back to your painting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is that! I love when you leave a piece of artwork for a while and it morphs/or do we? into something else! Great eagle! I love the "silver dollar" wings! I also looked at some of your other blogs and love your new patio. You will enjoy that for years to come! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That eagle is awesome! He really wanted out! Looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

    Your girls turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete