Translate

Friday, December 12, 2014

Paint Party Friday

Once again it's Friday and time for sharing art and having fun. First off THANKS to Eva and Kristin for making all of this AWESOMENESS
happen every week!!! 
Then CONGRATULATIONS to 
MARJI
for being chosen as the 
FEATURE ARTIST OF THE WEEK!
What a stunning Jay you shared last week ♥

This week I have a WIP in progress to share. I started this back in the summer and didn't like at all how it was going so it got set aside. This week I ran across it again and decided to rework it and head a totally different direction with it. 
I forgot to take a picture before I started reworking it :( but this is where it is now. 


It's a photo of my sister and I from when I was 15 and she would have been 12. I am at the point with it where I am going to start painting again and keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out like I hope. It will be her Christmas present if it does . 
I also started another piece that it about ready to start painting too....


Not a whole lot of art time right now as Christmas is getting to close to happening :) 
Last night I filled 75 teabags with Herbal Blends from the Herbs I grew in my garden this year. I was going to try and make containers for them... but time is too short so I will be picking up something to put them in over the weekend. 


Today's Random Thoughts

Linking this to 
Paint Party Friday 
so be sure and click on the button on my sidebar to see all kinds of 
Fabulous ART! 

9 comments:

  1. Love your work in progress and the drawing is wonderful. Wow making your own teabags! I didnt know you could get the paper for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful drawing and those tea bags look get - I bet they taste miles better than the shop bought ones! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wip...can't wait to see it!! My daughter is intrigued by your homemade herbal tea so much!! Love your two quotes too!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at all those tea bags
    your painting is a sweet gift, wishing you a wonderful time finishing it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of you making your own herbal tea bags. That is going to be a sweet memory for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carol, your sister will be so pleased with this! It looks gorgeous already. And I love how you make your own tea with herbs from your garden. Must taste heavenly ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift for your sister! She will be thrilled. I love the idea that you fill your own tea bags from your garden. I can only imagine the flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible gift-- homemade tea bags. These will make wonderful gifts!!

    Your paintings are lovely--

    Sending you wishes for a wonderful holiday--
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete