Translate

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paint and tint and funky photos......

I don't remember if I've mentioned it before but I work in the paint department at Home Depot. I enjoy the job especially when I get to get creative with mixing colors and custom matching for customers. 
Also one of the bright stars in my day is when I add the tint to a gallon of paint and it makes a unique abstract design in the paint. 
Now that I have a decent camera on my phone I'm able to take photos of some of the designs. I'm thinking of using them in a collage type painting or maybe some as background for some mixed media work. 
Anyhow I thought I'd share a few with you all here. I think they are soooooo cool! 












Linking to....
The Butterfly Effect
I know it's not a portrait but then again maybe  I really do look like one of these :) 

7 comments:

  1. Still cool....add some eyes...and voila...face ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so crazy-beautiful. I would never get any work done. I'd be lost in the amazing colors and patterns. thanks for sharing - who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you take whatever creative parts of your job you can find and jump into it, great photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images :D and if you count 4th up from bottom...that one looks like a face :D XXX

    ReplyDelete