Translate

Friday, September 30, 2011

Paint Party Friday.....Week 29....

What a week I've had here! I actually had a decent schedule at work this week..all day shifts and off by 4 pm!!! Unheard of at my workplace these days. I was actually able to get some things done and have quality time with the hubby to boot :) 

I manage to get 200 flower bulbs planted and some art in the evening too..... which also meant that at the end of the day I was dragging butt and resembled the above painting :) 

I have finally started working on the next phase in my art class....you can say I'm getting farther and farther behind...I know it... but I enjoy each stage so much that I just keep doing it over and over! Good thing this is self paced :)
I am going to try and go a little faster and then this winter when it's cold an yuckie outside I'll just repeat the whole thing again and take my loven time with each stage :) 
In the meantime I bought  200 more flower bulbs and I have to get them into the ground so that come spring I'll have a whole new landscape to admire and paint :) 
Linking to:
 Paint Party Friday

19 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee! Love the new face you're working on! Look forward to seeing more! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly are an ambitious gardener, but the pay off will be so worth it!! Love your two paintings. Can't wait to see a photo of your garden in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really interesting paintings. Happy PPF, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work and on the flower bulbs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collage is really interesting. Makes me think about something in my studio. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with the planting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new faces you are working on ~ very creative and you have been a busy bee ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and HPPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 400 bulbs! What a landscape that will be in the spring! The second face looks great. I look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 200 bulbs? Boy you have been busy...I love the expression in your art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of them are very interesting pieces, I like the shapes and colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is the second piece a collage? I love it. Your property will be beautiful from now on with the investment you have made this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...planning ahead with the gardening, that's the secret.

    Looks like you are really having fun with the classes, even if you are taking time out from them to plant bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm in this class too, and hopelessly behind - but i love LOVE it.
    i really wish it was the first art class i'd ever taken.

    your stuff is looking good.

    xx
    a

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pieces look wonderful - it sounds like a fantastic class!

    200 bulbs + 200 more?!? Wow!! You'll have LOTS to look forward to in the spring!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work on both pieces! I love the collage,I'm really drawn to this face! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wonderful work and that collage piece is so neat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been very busy...200 bulbs! Wow! I need you to come work in my garden. I am sure my family would appreciate it. :) have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have been busy! I really like both the painted and the collaged portrait. I don't think you can really get behind in a self-paced class, LOL. Take your time if you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete