Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

Paint Party Friday

It's Friday and another week has flown by.
I missed last week .... wasn't feeling like doing anything last week...
had done too much the week before and had to let my body and mind recoup . 
All is well now. 
Not a whole lot of art this week either . 
I did some fine tuning on a previously done painting.
The before....
...and here it is today...
I felt the background was to busy in the original, even though I liked it. Also brightened up the flowers and gave them more details. 
I also did a ACT for a swap but I have to wait until next week to share it as the person hasn't received it yet. 
The garden harvest is taking most of my energy right now. 
Canning and freezing and coming up with new recipes to use everything in. 
Being semi-retired has enabled me to do more complicated meals and I'm loving it.  
So is the family :) 
Today's Random Thought ...

Don't foget to check out the other great folks at...
Paint Party Friday!
Just click on the button on my side bar. 

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I am sure your family love the meals you make with the fresh, home-grown produce. Love your art, and those quotes are really good, both of them. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. harvesting really can take a lot of time and energy!
    a good feeling when we have the energy to do it.

    such a lovely painting Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol you have the wrong link on ppf! It goes to your last post! Even though I loved your busy background before, the changes really make this gorgeous flower pop...stunning canvas! I love it!! Your comment didn't come to my email for some reason. I wanted to respond to you about the wasps... That common sense quote is seriously top of my list of favorite quotes...I find that to be so!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had become semi-retired... congrats, Carol!
    I think the painting is lovely... dragonflies are just so all about summer!

    ReplyDelete