Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

PAINT PARTY FRIDAY & ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

It's FRIDAY!!!
Thanks again to Eva and Kristin for being the creative drive behind this "ARTASTIC" weekly event that inspires so many of us.  
Here it has been a rather strange week with a total lack of inspiration and skill. The first part of the week when I tried to force the issue ... everything was looking like some mutant creation out of a very bad science fiction movie. So I gave it a day or two of rest and tried again. Finally flowers were looking like flowers and squirrels were looking line squirrels. ♥
at Art Journal Journey the challenge for November is "Inspired by the Masters"  and since November is also the birth month of Georgia O'Keeffe I choose to do a big flower. The Echinacea . 
Which just happens to be one of my favorite flowering herbs. 

  
It also happens to be one of my mom's favorite colors and I have been thinking of doing a painting for her bedroom I decided on an Echinacea for her.

So far I'm really happy with how it's going and hoping my Muse doesn't take off on another flight of fancy and leave me stranded. 
Neither are as mystical as a Georgia O'Keeffe but they are BIG flowers and I'm happy with them . 
Winter weather is officially here and Ella cat has started her "Winter Sports Watching"

She sets there for hours watching the birds at the feeders. I have a video of her and it shows here head going back and forth just watching. So cute. 

Today's Random Thoughts....


Don't forget to go and check out all the other great art.... just click on the buttons on my sidebar and enjoy .

14 comments:

  1. Love your paintings with the big flowers, really very good.Thanks for another lovely piece for AJJ! And I feel a bit like your cat, watching the birds at the feeders....Take care! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love your page and I think the painting for your mother will look great at the end for sure!
    Happy to have aonther great contribution from you to our Inspired by the Masters theme Carol! Georgia O'Keeffe was such a brilliant painter! Love her wort as well!
    Happy weekend!
    This cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cone flower! Yes, do a painting for your mother and she will cherish it especially if it is one of her favorite flowers. I have always liked O'Keeff's way of painting and try to do something similar at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flowers, and I happen to love paintings of flowers, I happen to really like yours the color is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol-- your journal paintings are beautiful. The flowers are so vivid and creative-- I love the pink one!!

    Your kitty is precious.our kitties love to look outside too!
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flowers, Your cat is so cute, mine sit in the window too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers. Reminds me of some better summer weather. Like you, winter is here too. I hope your kitty doesn't get as cranky as mine does when he is stuck being a side-line window watcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see Ella Cat! Love what you are doing for your Mom. Rain in our part of Missouri today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Georgia inspired flower paintings are marvelous Carol! I'm sure your mother will be delighted to have one of these paintings hanging in her home. Looks like Ella has a perfect spot for entertainment:) Nice choice of thoughts for the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love how your flower for your mom is turning out can't wait to see it finished!! The other flower is gorgeous too!! Pays to wait until the muse flies in!! I see the snow Ella is enjoying too!! Wonderful work Carol!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a while since I've visited, and I'm glad to have a little more time to visit the blogs of my creative friends! I love that you're making a painting for you mom ~ that's wonderful ~ and it's off to a fabulous start!

    Merry creating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When it doesn't work, the best thing to do is give it a rest. Otherwise you'll just get frustrated. And see what you did after your rest! Your echinacea looks wonderful, and the painting for your mom is coming along great! Well done! Your cat is so cute. I love cats in front of windows. They always make me smile ....

    ReplyDelete